Saturday, March 04, 2006

Books I've Read

At the beginning of the year, I talked about having a blog on eHarlequin's site dedicated to the books that I read this year. I had problems getting it set-up - something about not being a member, but registering for the blog. Anyway, the lady that I emailed back and forth with seemed to be confused about why I wanted to do it. Duh. They were giving coupons for books! I didn't want to join another group, and I actually forgot about it for a month until I got an email reminding me that I wouldn't get the coupons unless I posted to my blog. I never GOT a blog. So I took a hint form my sister's blog. She has a little list on her sidebar of the books she's read in 2006 (don't know if it's exhaustive or not). Since imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery (or something like that), I'm going to flatter her. Not to mention, she just plain has good ideas. (how was that for shameless flaterry?). If you scroll down the page, over there on the sidebar you'll see a list of what I've read this year. There's a lot of Nora Roberts' stuff over there, because last year I got a huge box of her books off of eBay and I'm still working my way through them. There will probably be a lot more ebooks added to the list, because they're cheaper. And speaking of ebooks - I've been toying with the idea of getting a reader (if I can find one that I can afford). My laptop is just too big to hold comfortably for long stretches of time. If anyone has any suggestions of readers that they've used...I'd love to hear them!

7 comments:

K.A.S. said...

Ohh nice book list. We'll have to compare notes at the end of the year and see how many we're both read.

Pink hockey sticks... yeah, going to have to work on that ;)

Jodie said...

I'd love to get an e-reader - but they are sooo expensive. I even getting a sony PSP2 because of all the other features - but the one feature they didn't have was to read e-books. lol - that is the last time I listen to a friend. PSP reads e-books. sure it does!

I would say HP ipaq is good too. Slim, nice and features beyond just reading.

Silma said...

I don't have an ebook reader. It irks me when they only read one specific format. So I'm using my Hewlett Packard iPaq to read my ebooks. I can read them in .lit, .html, and .pdf. *g*

BTW, my iPaq cost me about $200 on Ebay. Bought it still-sealed-in-box. For $20 I bought the foldable keyboard for it. Now I can type my notes for my stories too. Mine has for CF and SD cards, so I have one of each on each slot. *g*

Loribelle Hunt said...

Hmm, I keep saying I'm going to keep a list, but so far this year I haven't bothered. Actually I have a huge tbr and a pretty small finished pile.

I'm going to have to check out that iPaq Silma posted about.

Angela's Designs said...

I've been thinking of picking up one of those eBookwise eReaders. An author I know has one. They're about $100. I haven't yet! I read only on my computer still. I really wish I knew someone who had one so I could see them in use before making the decision.

Deborah said...

I'm a little gun-shy about buying one til I know I'll like it. I've read people who love them, people who hate them - just like anything else, everyone has a different opinion. I don't want to buy something that I'll hate. But it's still nice to get opions, so thanks guys!

Maybe my dear sister will get one and I can try it out. :)

Angela's Designs said...

Good to have a sister that reads the same thing as you do. :) My S-in-L visiting for awhile from another state. She's far more likely to read a book about teeth (she works for dentist), and I can hardly catch her online.