Monday, November 20, 2006

What In The world Is A Global Orgasm Day, You Ask?

Warning to my Parents:
Hi Mom (and Dad, if you happened to stop by today of all days). Just felt like it was my filial duty to warn you: if reading about your daughter having sex - and liking it - isn't your cup of tea (or makes you want to pluck your eyeballs out with the nearest ball point pen or similarly pointy object), then
click here. And come back tomorrow. Umm...maybe wait til Wednesday, cause I don't necessarily post every day. I'll make a special effort tomorrow, though. Just for you. If it doesn't bother you to read about your daughter having sex - and liking it - then read on. There's some good stuff here.


HOLY COW!! Why has it taken thousands of years to come up with this?

Global Orgasm Day

To protest the war, these people want us to all have sex - and more most importantly, a pleasurable conclusion to sex - on December 22. Go read the site for the details, cause this space is for my thoughts on the subject. And boy, do I have some thoughts on the subject.

  1. What an abso-freaking-lutely awesome idea.
  2. Instead of focusing on world peace before and after certain...happy moments...in the proceedings, is it ok if my mind is just blank? I'm not real good on that mental discipline stuff. I'm even worse at focusing. And if I say "OK, honey, now concentrate on world peace", that may be the last "happy moment" I have for a while. So a blank mind is just as good as a peaceful one. Right?
  3. The site says that "The results will be measured on the worldwide monitor system of the Global Consciousness Project."
    1. There's a Global Consciousness Project?
    2. Will the results be published in a scientific journal or Playboy?
    3. Will the National Geographic Channel make a documentary? I don't know how their ratings are these days, but this could NOT hurt. Maybe they could show it right before their 8 hour "Inside the Womb" special. Because nothing will make people think twice about sex as much an 8 hour special on being pregnant. That is, if they leave the TV on. And pay attention.
    4. How in the world do you measure something like a massive world-orgasm? Is there the equivalent of the Richter Scale? Can I get a copy, along with an explanation of how to determine what each level is?
  4. If this works, will the organization send out memos regarding the necessity of having more sex, not just on specific days of the year?
  5. If I drink too much and go to bed a few minutes late, and my hubby and I time things all wrong and it ends up being a few minutes into December 23rd, will my contribution to the global orgasm still count?
  6. This is my favorite line on the website:
    When? Solstice Day - Friday, December 22nd, at the time of your choosing, in the place of your choosing and with as much privacy as you choose.
  7. Do we get extra points if we contribute more than once?



I could go on and on with this. But I have to be on the reference desk in a few minutes, and my break is almost over. Please, add your thoughts to mine!! There's so much more to be said about this!

Hmm...I wonder if this will ever make it onto the calendar as a national holiday...


2 comments:

SjElizabeth said...

I love the stuff you turn up in your research. Question: Will this require training? You know, like if I were planning on running a marathon or something? Probably should. I want to be in top form, especially with something as important as world peace resting on my, um...shoulders.

K.A.S. said...

Is Jack C Kelley giving you a kickback for every copy of his book you sell?