Wednesday, November 22, 2006

29? What Happened to 25-28?

I think I've misplaced a few years. If you find any extra ones sitting around doing nothing, send them my way. Because I was sure I was only up to like, 24; 25 AT THE MOST. But oh no, my driver's license has to be truthful and let me know that as of today, I'm 29. But ya know what? I still get ID'd when I buy my weekly supply of wine. And I still look good in black boots. I don't have any fake teeth. And I'll turn 30 next year; if that's not a reason for a big party, then I don't know what is. (Which is a complete lie, because I know hundreds, if not thousands, of reasons to throw a party. They range from "Look! It's raining again - let's throw a martini party!" To "Look! It stopped raining! Let's throw a martini party!" to....well, you get the idea.) My best friend has enough emotional trauma associated with every birthday for both of us. I'm probably going to start a therapy fund for her in the next few years; 40 is going to be hard for her. And just because I can get away with it, I need to take this opportunity to remind her that I am - and always will be - younger than she is. :) And to my darling brother, who for one glorious day every year gets to be the same age as I: What the HELL were you thinking to send me a text message at 12:37 AM? In case you forgot, we called an end to our mutual sibling hatred and started liking each other about twelve years ago. I have to say, though, that the rhyme sequence of your birthday poem was a little more forgivable when I was asleep. Seen in the bright light of day... it kinda makes me wish I were sharing whatever drink you had when you wrote it. The "Dear Sister" part was nice, although not totally believable in the middle of the night. If I were your "dear" sister, would you really be waking me up? /sigh. Of course you would. :) Tonight I'm going out to dinner and a movie with my hubby and stepson. We're gonna see the new James Bond movie. Then I'll come home and start baking for tomorrow's feast. Hubby and I are in a war over the TV - I HAVE to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade while I'm cooking. He's convinced that football history will be made, and refuses to listen when I say there won't be any games on yet. This happened two years ago when we were together for our first Thanksgiving ....and I'm beginning to think that this is one more reason to go to my sister's for the holiday - we don't fight over the parade, because at her house it's just on. Period. Plus, she's as much as a wine junkie as I am. And then there's the family and stuff. And the food. Ok, I'm going to stop before I totally depress myself. I think I'll dip into the chocolate that one of my friends at work gave me today. I need to get a pic of the picture frame she gave me...but in the meantime, here's what my hubby gave me.*** I know, I know - I wasn't supposed to get anything, because we bought that big TV last month. But hey, if he's going to give me extra presents, I am NOT going to complain. :) ***Blogger won't let me put a pic in this post; but it was a gift basket from the local winery with a bottle of wine, a yummy smelling candle and a tin of chocolaty-hazelnut rolled up cookie things. YUM!

1 comment:

Pamela Tyner said...

I smiled the entire time I was reading this post. I so enjoyed it :) Happy belated birthday!