Friday, September 02, 2005

Loss for Words....

I have resisted, so far, the urge to write down all of the wonderfully creative names for Bush that I have come up with over the past few days. Which is a pity, really, because some of them were quite good, and I'd like to remember them and possibly use them again. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure my mother reads this blog, and I'd hate for her to be shocked at her baby girl's language. I may be on the verge of losing my control, because of this. Unbelievably, our president has decided that we don't really need to get help from other countries for help with the effects of Katrina. All of these countries from around the world (including CUBA for the love....) have offered help. How does he respond? "Thanks, when can you get here?" Nah. Here's what he says: “I’m not expecting much from foreign nations because we hadn’t asked for it. I do expect a lot of sympathy and perhaps some will send cash dollars. But this country’s going to rise up and take care of it.” To be fair, it's not just Bush that's acting like an idiot. Cheney's AWOL (for national security reasons, I'm sure...), we're all admiring Condi's new shoes, and Louisiana Senator Mary Landrieu and Senator Trent Lott of Mississippi both had some dumbass...um, I mean... riveting comments for Anderson Cooper . Thank goodness the government has everything under control.

No comments: