Monday, September 26, 2005

Commander in Chief

It's been a while since I actively tried to keep up with a TV show; between work and class, I'm rarely able to sit down at the same time on the same day of the week, week after week, to follow a group of people through the drama that is their collective life. I've always wanted to go back and watch The West Wing from the beginning, but have to content myself with catching reruns here and there, never knowing what season I'm in. Each show is good on its own, but if only I could get the whole picture. This fall season, I'm making the effort. Geena Davis is starring in Commander in Chief, and I can't wait for it to start tomorrow night. No, this is not going to turn into a feminist rant (my husband snorted when I told him about the show - "no woman would ever make it from VP to Pres", he assured me, "because some crazy person with a gun who thinks women can't handle it would shoot her first." Whatever. It's a TV Show, not real life). I love Geena Davis, and I think that after all of the movies/shows on Matters Presidential over the years that it's time a good actress gave the role a try. I'll save the feminist discussion for another time.

No comments: