Monday, April 03, 2006

National Workplace Napping Day

Did you know that today is National Napping Day? This annual event that no one has ever heard of started in 1999 or 2000 (depending on which of the above links you choose to believe), and takes place on the Monday after Daylight Savings Time begins. It's a way to get back into the swing of things. Personally, I think naps should be mandatory, just like lunch breaks. I'm a much happier person in the afternoon if I can have about 30 minutes to shut my eyes and ignore the world. Instead of napping, I usually start my second coffee treatment of the day about an hour after lunch. Sometimes, my first coffee treatment hasn't ended, and the two kind of merge together into one big caffeine orgy in my bloodstream. I think a nap would be healthier.

1 comment:

K.A.S. said...

That was quite inspirational. Inspired me to a 3 hour nap.
/yawn.

Now I need to get myself going - time for that caffine jolt!