Monday, April 03, 2006

Google Romance?

Update: To the 100+ people who have stopped by here today via the Google Blog's reference list and are still pouring through at about 10 an hour: yeah, I finally got it. I was a little slow on this one. I bow to Google's ability to suck me in and sell me ocean front property in Arizona. I would try to use the excuse that I completely forgot it was April Fool's day...but that would make me look even lamer than I already do. Enjoy. Have you tried Match.com, Eharmony.com and all the others, and you still haven't found your one true love? Don't worry - the company that handles all things Internet has finally come up with their own matchmaking service. Google Romance is now alive and well in beta testing....

When you think about it, love is just another search problem. And we’ve thought about it. A lot. Google Romanceis our solution.
Google Romance is a place where you can post all types of romantic information and, using our Soulmate Search, get back search results that could, in theory, include the love of your life. Then we'll send you both on a Contextual Date, which we'll pay for while delivering to you relevant ads that we and our advertising partners think will help produce the dating results you're looking for.
Can Google really do romance? This is what they posted on their offical blog:
Does it really work? Ask our internal beta testers -- if you can findthem, that is. Not a single one has shown up for work in days.
Is there anything they can't do?

2 comments:

K.A.S. said...

Don't they do April Fool's in Europe sis? LOL.

Jaime said...

Were we having a bit of a blond moment? Or were you just enjoying all that Amsterdam had to offer?