Monday, April 03, 2006

Geeky Librarian Humor

I got this off of Library Avengers while I was working the desk tonight, and K. and I had to take it. We were laughing out loud by the end of it, proving - before we even tallied our scores - that we are, indeed, geeky enough to be a librarian. Which is good, since we both are. I scored a 14. How 'bout you?

Am I Geeky enough to be a Librarian?

Yes

No

1. I enjoy acronyms.

 

 

2. I own a cat.

 

 

3. When confronted with a pile of books I think “Hmm…first I would sort by author, then by title.”

 

 

4. I am obsessive enough to appreciate the difference between 345.065 and 345.605.

 

 

5. I possess a useless undergraduate degree.

 

 

6. Being surrounded by books makes me lather with delight.

 

 

7. The idea of someone preventing me from reading Orwell because they don’t like it strikes me as…Orwellian.

 

 

8. I am comfortable with the Internets.

 

 

9. If my house caught on fire, one of the things I would grab is my favorite book.

 

 

10. I possess a useless graduate degree.

 

 

11. I can daisy-chain a herd of Ubuntu boxes faster than you can say FreeBSD

 

 

12. These kids today. I swear. If they would just read a damn book once in awhile, they wouldn’t be blowing each other up so much.

 

 

13. I could find out the middle name of your high school boyfriend with just ten minutes on the Internet.

 

 

14. I could find out the first line of A Tale of Two Cities with just ten seconds on the Internet.

 

 

15. I know the first line of A Tale of Two Cities.

 

 

16. I am a disenfranchised intellectual.

 

 

17. The idea of arming the public with knowledge appeals to me more than, say, arming them with pitchforks and torches.

 

 

18. I would rather do something cool than get rich.

 

 

19. I possess a useless doctoral degree.

 

 

20. I can say “Colon classification” without laughing.

 

 

Scoring

Under 5 = I think the “We hate libraries” meeting is down the hall.
5-10 = You are geeky, but can you HANDLE the acronyms?
10-15 = I’ve got some library school applications under my desk you big dork
15-20 = Quit your job immediately! Grab the nearest child and teach him to read! Oh, and start stocking up on acid-free paper.

3 comments:

K.A.S. said...

Where's my application?

Jaime said...

Better send one my way too.....

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
» »