Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Candy Fun

I was looking for candy statistics and facts for someone (don't ask), and I came across this info. I had to share, cause I just love fun facts! Throw in the Candy Calculator, and you're ready for a good time.

  • Amount the average American spends on Candy - $84
  • Amount of candy consumed annually by the average American = 23.9 pounds
  • Amount of chocolate candy annually consumed by the average American - 11.6 pounds
  • Percentage of the world's almonds that end up in chocolate - 40%
  • Percentage of candy sales that are impulse buys - 55%
  • Rank of Holidays listed by Candy Sales : 1. Halloween 2. Easter 3. Christmas 4. Valentine's Day
  • Typical color distribution in the M&M's : Blue 10%, Green 10%, Red 20%, yellow 20%, brown 30%
  • Largest Per capita candy consumption in the world: Denmark
  • Largest per capita chocolate consumption in the world: Switzerland

1 comment:

Angela's Designs said...

I ate almonds the other day in public and someone asked me what they were. I bet they know what a Hershey's with Almonds tastes like though. Giggles.