Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Disgusted

This article really gave me good ranting material. But then I had to go to a Director's Call thing and kind of lost my motivation. So here are the better highlights:
A standing executive order, strengthened by President Bush in 2003, requires all agencies and "any other entity within the executive branch" to provide an annual accounting of their classification of documents. More than 80 agencies have collectively reported to the National Archives that they made 15.6 million decisions in 2004 to classify information, nearly double the number in 2001, but Cheney insists he is exempt.

Snip
Cheney's office maintains that its dual executive and legislative duties make it unique, as the vice president also serves as Senate president.
"This matter has been carefully reviewed," spokeswoman Lea Anne McBride said. "It has been determined that the reporting requirement does not apply to the office of the vice president."

I don't know, but that "any other entity in the executive branch" seems to include dear ol' Dick to me.  But what do I know? I don't have lots of information to hide and lots of expensive lawyers to help me do it. I very well might feel differently if I were in dear ol' Dick's position.

The grammar in that last sentence of mine (along with the fact that I don't feel like making it better) proves that it is, indeed, time for my afternoon caffeine injection.

No comments: