Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I seem to have developed a drinking theme

The parents came and went with a little bit of drama to keep their trip interesting. Something about car parts breaking multiple times that I won't even try to act like I understand, mostly because no one would believe me if I did. They got in town a few hours late, and the rest of the weekend was a blur of food and laughter. Sometimes it's hard to tell what my family does more of when we get together - talk, eat or laugh. Lord knows we talk and laugh about food alot. Maybe I should take a poll. That would take energy I don't have at 6 AM...maybe I should drink some more caffeine and see if that motivates me. My dad came out of his "don't talk politics" shell long enough to actually utter a sentence that was anti-Bush. I didn't know it was possible to love my father any more, but he proved me wrong. AND it gave me something to shock my siblings with. That's a two-fer right there. So just for him, I won't mention me and sex anywhere in the same sentence in this post. Although I guess by making that statement, I kinda broke the promise already. I need more caffeine if I'm going to make arguments like that. I really need to get off my lazy butt and build my compost "thing". I don't know what shape it's going to take, but I think that'll be my project for Sunday. I also need to make a mental note to get the Best Friend over here to help, because if I use my tools without her, she probably won't speak to me for a month. If we drink caffeine, I'm sure it'll be spiked with something yummiliciously alcoholic. I'm so far behind on my blog-reading that it scares me when I open Google Reader. I check the three or four blogs that friends/family write and then close it out because I know once I start, I won't be able to stop. Maybe I'll spend five hours Thursday night with a a preview of Sunday's spiked coffee - gotta do a taste test, right? - and my blogs. StepSon turns 16 next week. Just pass the straight alcohol for that one.

No comments: