Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Chayote Squash

A few weeks ago, I posted a list of 13 things I want to learn to cook. Well, I tried one of them - and found a new vegetable to love. My husband is not nearly as excited about the addition of another "fruity type thing" to our menu. But since I do the cooking... :) Chayote Squash isn't a beautiful thing to look at...but man, is it tasty. I cut it in half and got rid of the pit in the middle (although you can eat it, and many recipes don't mention getting rid of it) and then sliced it nice and thin. I sliced up a white onion and sauteed them together with some olive oil, garlic, black pepper and oregano for about 10 minutes. I don't have a picture of the finished item...but it was incredibly yummy. And even my carnivorous husband admitted it "Wasn't at all disgusting." Does he know how to compliment my cooking, or what?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He sure has a gift for flattery!
Sounds yummy to me.