Friday, February 16, 2007

By now, I hope you've checked your peanut butter to see if it's safe to eat. If you haven't, then read this and do it.

What I didn't realize is how many problems this company has had with food safety in the past 4 1/2 to 5 years. This is all shamelessly pulled from Kate at Accidental Hedonist; you might want to check it out, as she's got far more interesting commentary than I do.


I wonder how many of their products I have in my house right now? If a politician made this many career mistakes, he'd never get off the front pages of the newspaper, and people would never stop talking about him. But a food company? oh well...there's more interesting stuff to worry about. Besides the PB, I only remember hearing about maybe one of the above things. Granted - in 2002 I was still in college and probably didn't buy a whole bunch of ground beef. Or worry about much more than my job and which person would be hosting Friday's party. But still...this is NOT a good track record.




No comments: