Friday, January 06, 2006

Seven Things

Seven things to do before I die : Only seven? Hmmm… 1.) Well, I’ll shorten all the travel stuff up and say: Travel to all the places that I want to see. At this point, the list is long enough that this is only do-able if I win the lottery and quit work to devote myself to travel. 2.) Convince StepSon that even though I may seemingly make his life hell for the next few years as he loses his mind to Teenage Insanity, it is all because I love him. He probably won’t realize this until Teenage Insanity passes, but I can wait. 3.) Get as much fun out of StepSon’s Teenage Insanity as possible – ideas I’ve had include: a.) hugging him in public when I know people are looking our way (I think the movies would be a great place for this); b.) Picking him up from school with Broadway show tunes blaring from both the car and my mouth; c.) Coming up with cute nicknames for use only when he is around his best friends. I’ll happily take suggestions from anyone who has experience or imagination. 4.) Discover my natural hair color. Maybe. And hopefully before said natural color is gray. 5.) Go on my honeymoon again. (ok, I said I did all the traveling in #1. So I changed my mind. Get your own list and you can make the rules) 6.) Publish something. 7.) Learn how to tell my husband I love him in at least 10 languages. Seven Things I Cannot Do: 1.) Play the piano 2.) Decorate the house for Christmas before Thanksgiving 3.) Eat peanut butter 4.) Whistle 5.) Play any type of sport. I am one of the least coordinated people on the planet. 6.) Speak a foreign language (Knowing how to ask “Where’s the bathroom” is essential, but does not make one fluent). 7.) Like any of my best friend’s boyfriends. I’ve tried, and so far I’m batting 0 on this one. Seven Things that Attract Me to My Spouse : 1.) His Mind – he has a PhD, and remembers more facts than I ever will (well, most of the facts are pretty old facts. He’s clueless as to when we’re supposed to pick up my StepSon this afternoon, even though I’ve told him 3 times) 2.) His sense of humor 3.) His patience (especially with me. In the mornings. Before Caffeine) 4.) He loves me. Who doesn’t like to be loved? 5.) He thinks it’s cute that every movie I see makes me cry, instead of rolling his eyes as most of my ex-boyfriends did (and he always remembers to grab tissues for me, because even though I’ve cried in 95% of the movies I’ve seen, I never remember to bring anything to mop my face up with). 6.) His muscles – he’s a strong ‘un. 7.) His smile – he has an extremely great smile. Seven Things I Say (or write!) Most Often: 1.) Ya think? 2.) Lovely (with much sarcasm) 3.) Ho-ly Cow! 4.) “It’s 6 AM – why are you speaking? (to my hubby, who is a morning person), followed closely by….. 5.) More coffee….more coffee… 6.) Seriously 7.) That’s the craziest thing I’ve ever heard (ALWAYS said to either my husband or stepson). Seven Books (or series) I Love: 1.) Tess of the D’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy 2.) The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon 3.) The Malory series by Johanna Lindsey 4.) Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 5.) The Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder 6.) The Sleeping Beauty Trilogy by A. N. Roquelaure (Ann Rice) 7.) A Woman of Passion by Virginia Henley Seven Movies I Would Watch Over and Over Again: 1.) The American President 2.) The King and I 3.) Star Wars (the original 3 movies, not these new-fangled “I-have-no-acting-ability-and-I’m-going-to-speak-in-a-monotone” actors) 4.) Gone With the Wind 5.) An Affair to Remember 6.) The Odyssey – the made for TV version with Bernadette Peters as Circe 7.) Fiddler on the Roof I'll figure out who to tag later. This took enough mental energy for a couple of posts.

No comments: