Thursday, January 12, 2006

Note on the coffee maker this morning:

"It has come to our attention that there are varying degrees of taste regarding coffee strength. To eliminate confusion, we have come up with a formula for brewing coffee" Basically, a whole pot (12 cup pot) gets 3 scoops, which is 6 tablespoons. For one pot. At home, I make it wayyyyy stonger than that - which may be a reason I have to buy coffee so often, but it's worth it. I think I'm the 'varying degrees of taste' they talked about. For the past few weeks, I've been getting to work about 15 minutes early - and I've been brewing the first pot. There have been some comments about how strong the coffee is (um, negative comments), and I always just smile, say it's yummy to me, and that they can certainly water it down if they want. Apparently, no one but myself thinks that is a good solution. {break to talk to co-worker} Well, now I've been told that I need to go pour out the pot of coffee that I made this morning, because when she opened this morning there were bugs in the coffee pot and the filter. So I have to go pour it out and wash it. I am soooo buying one of these and bringing my own: It may only hold 6 cups of coffee, but I'll just have to learn to live on a half pot at work. I can always drink more Diet Mt. Dew or just go across the street to the coffee shop if I get desperate for more.

No comments: