Saturday, January 28, 2006

Today's Special

Things my father-in-law and I have cooked today:
  • 9 AM: gnocci (which is neither spelled or pronounced as I thought)
  • 10 AM: Pepper Biscuits
  • 11 AM: Minestrone
  • 1 PM started the biscotti
  • (after this we went to a winery)
  • 4 PM: started meatballs and red sauce for them
  • started vodka sauce for the gnocci
  • started next step of biscotti
  • started dessert, which does not have a name but does involve uncooked bourbon poured with honey over crushed vanilla cookies
Next we'll let the biscotti cool, then dip it in chocolate. Then we'll cook the gnocci after my sister (and hopefully her hubby) get here. And make a salad. And before we do anything else, I'm going to get the cheese (from the winery) and crackers ready, start prepping the garlic bread. And God willing, drink some wine. Update If you ever have the chance to get a Gorgonzola Cheese Torta with Roasted HAzelnuts and Cranberries - TAKE IT! And eat it on sliced apples. Trust me, it's worth it.

1 comment:

K.A.S. said...

Really, not nice to make me read this since I know I'm not the sister on her way :(

Curses to the long road between us.

Hope you're enjoying your dinner, it sounds yummy!