Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year

It's a new year. Hello, 2006. 2005 was a good year for me, so I hope I'm starting a trend. :) I got a fabulous job, spent my first full year as a married lady, took a great honeymoon to Europe, managed to (finally!) get my Master's Degree, and started learning how to be a mom - it seemed like a good thing to do, since I have a teenage stepson. So what's ahead this year? As always, I'm full of plans. In the next couple of months, I'll get promoted at work. Hubby and I are going back to Europe to visit a friend in Paris. We're crossing our fingers and hoping real hard that we're able to get a new house this year. In the summer, we're planning a trip to New England to visit my in-laws (which will have the added bonus of seeing some of my family on the way), and we're really hoping to squeeze in a trip to Grand Cayman for New Year's Eve. My stepson will turn 15, so who knows what things he'll throw our way. My parents-in-law are coming for a weekend trip in a few weeks, and Hubby's best friend from high school may be coming up for a visit in the next week. And my brother and his wife are going to expand our family with another beautiful baby (ok, I won't really have anything to do with that, but it's still exciting). Happy New Year everyone. I hope you all have a year that makes a few dreams come true.

No comments: