Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A New Year, A New To-Do List



It’s all over. The holidays, the sickness, the vacation time, the partying with my sister, the trip with my hubby and best friend (something I never in my wildest dreams thought would ever happen), the family togetherness, the eggnog, the Christmas music. And now I’m left with a fridge that needs to be emptied of the leftovers I didn’t throw out before I went out of town; a brain that is crying for more caffeine; even more “stuff” to cram into my already crammed-full house; a week and a half worth of catch-up work to do on reviews for Romance Divas; and several bottles of wine with my name on them. And that's just for the next couple of days. Here's what I've got to keep me busy for the rest of the month:

  • A desk that desperately needs to be cleaned out before I switch jobs in two and a half weeks.
  • A boss that needs to learn how to do my job in two weeks.
  • A house that needs to be de-Christmas-ized, preferably before I work this weekend.
  • A house that needs to be prepared for my in-laws visit in three weeks and two days.
  • A kitchen to be cleaned out and restocked before my in-laws arrive to take it over and make more types of goodies in three days than I even attempt in a month - while I sit by drinking wine and handing my father-in-law orange peel or bay leaves or whatever he needs for the dish of the moment.


Ugh. That is too much cleaning to think about this morning. I think I’ll spend the rest of my break playing with the new toy my sis gave me over the weekend.

No comments: