Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Johnson’s Little List of Library and Technology Laws

I love this website. There's always something on it that makes me laugh. " Harry Truman said it best: 'I don't give them hell; I just tell them the truth and they think it's hell.' " And now for some of Johnson's Laws:
  • Johnson's Test Fairness Plan: Require no high school tests that the legislators who vote for them can't pass.
  • Observation on the school of hard knocks: I don't mind learning from my mistakes. I just don't want to earn a PhD.
  • Johnson's Observation on Multimedia Content: You can put all the pretty clothes on your dog you want, but he's still a dog.
  • Johnson's Rule of Technology Neutrality: Tools are neither good nor bad. The same hammer can both break windows and build cathedrals.
  • Johnson’s Law of Network Capacity: You can’t be too thin, too rich or have too much bandwidth.
  • Johnson's First Law of Presentations: Show your audience pictures of happy, productive children and they will believe anything you tell them.
  • Johnson's Homily on Beta Testing: The early worm gets eaten by the bird.

No comments: