And this is how our government is spending our money (from MSNBC.com):
- $66,000 for the Washington Tennis and Education Foundation in DC
- $387,976 for Manure Management research (National Swine Research Center) in Ames, Iowa.
- $16 million on southern pine beetle forest health initiative
- $2.5 million for cotton research in Texas.
- $940,000 for brown tree snake management in Guam.
- $373,824 for Grapefruit Juice/Drug Interaction research in Temple, Texas.
- $390,101 for Honey Bee Research (Varroa Mites) in Baton Rouge, LA.
- $1.5 million for construction of an entrance off Bladensburg Rd for the National Arboretum in Washington, D.C.
- $1 million for Florida Department of Citrus Abscission Chemical Studies.
- $1 million for Iowa State University project on mitigating emissions from egg farms. (my note: are they talking about bird's passing gas here?)
And some of them are just a way to get money.
The 10 items I listed above total $24,157,901. What could you do with that kind of money?