Saturday, November 04, 2006

Another Play

Last school year, StepSon helped out with his high school's production of Little Shop of Horrors. Somehow, I had missed seeing the film or theater version of that, but I went to his. And I was miserable through the whole thing. The end didn't even seem real - it just seemed like the playwrite(s?) got tired of the whole thing and slapped something crazy on it. I don't blame them. I was tired of the whole thing and just glad that it ended before I heard "Feee-eeed ME Seymour" one more time. Because I was afraid I was going to go up on stage and feed Seymour to the stupid plant. The kids were great, I just didn't like the play itself. StepSon, by the way, was on the lighting crew. So of course, I believe that he had the most important job in the entire production, and that his was the only job done perfectly. Anyway, this wasn't supposed to be a rant on that play. It was supposed to be an introduction to the new production he is involved in. If only I could introduce it. So far, StepSon cannot tell me anything about the play. He has been to four practices. Today, he painted for three hours. He's not even sure of the name. He thinks it's Patchwork. Maybe. Opening night is November 13th. Yes, that's only a week and a half away. He's not even sure what role he'll play during the actual production. So in two weeks, Hubby and I are going to go to the play. Who knows? Maybe knowing nothing about the play in advance will make it more of an adventure. Will my StepSon step out onto stage at any moment? Will he be running the lights behind my back? Or, will he have painted the requisite number of sets and not even be be in the building? Ahhh...life is a constant adventure in this family.

No comments: