Thursday, June 22, 2006

Homeward Bound

Well, I guess technically I'm not really homeward bound, since my parents' house isn't where I live anymore. But I love that song....and when you're going to see your mama, you're always going home. So I'm Homeward Bound. Tomorrow, the Hubby, StepSon and I leave for our next traveling adventure. We'll get to my parents house by dinner tomorrow (probably a couple of hours earlier than that). And the traffic better not slow us down, because Mom is making not only lasagna but also cheesecake. And she's hinted that she has something for me....are there nuts and bolts in my future???? {hint, hint} Saturday morning, we'll be up before the crack of dawn yet again to drive further north. All the way to Rhode Island. We'll spending 4 days with Hubby's family, and I don't think I'm going to have time to take a deep breath at any point. One day we're driving up to Boston with my in-laws for lunch, then continuing up to New Hampshire to enjoy the low prices of duty-free shopping. Since the car had a minor nervous breakdown this week at the thought of the upcoming trip, we won't be enjoying the shopping quite so much as we had planned. I have it on good authority, though, that my father-in-law has over 2 cases of wine for us to bring home. So I'm not going to complain. We're having a pool party one day at my brother-in-law's house, we're going to spend an afternoon sightseeing around the state, we'll go to the beach at some point, we're doing lunch at an aunt's house, dinner at the other brother-in-law's house...and there are a couple of other things that I've forgotten about. But the hardest part of the entire trip? My parents-in-law don't have any kind of internet access. They don't even own a computer. The computer part is no problem - my laptop goes where I go (much to Hubby's disgust). Hopefully there will be an unsecured network around somewhere that I can find. note to self: look up bookstores, cafes or nearby MacDonald's with wi-fi connections around their house. After all that, we'll be heading to Virginia to visit my aunt and uncle, and we'll get an entire day to go to Williamsburg. Luckily for me, I get paid the day we're there - so my shopping funds will be renewed and my aunt and I can drag the boys around to our hearts' content. After the night at my parent's tomorrow, I'm going to spend an entire week going places I've never been. So rest up, because I'm sure there will be a phenomenal increase to the amount of photos on my Flickr account in about a week and a half!

1 comment:

smdrm said...

You better get some good sleep tonight, 'cause there isn't going to be much of that in the week ahead.

counting the minutes...........