Saturday, July 09, 2005

Hurricanes, Underwater Basket Weaving and More

Finally! done with another class...now I can try and enjoy what's left of my summer. Just two short months and I'll be back to trekking down to Tuscaloosa again a couple of times a week. And just as I'm ready to go out and celebrate, The Great God of Meterology and Freaky Weather Conditions has decided that I need to be stuck indoors as Dennis takes over the minds of everyone in the state. Somehow I'm supposed to go to work and get payroll done Monday morning....if I can make it through 40 mile an hour winds and possibly no power. Some things I've found on the web today: There apparently is a college program devoted to underwater basket weaving - they have a whole slew of classes on it, and one even requires scuba certification! A long time ago, after ingesting many drugs and staring intently into a waving candle flame (ok I made that up, but it's the only explanation I can think of) , a group in California thought that Led Zepplin should meet Gilligan's Island. The result? Stairway to Gilligan.

No comments: