Thursday, May 28, 2009

Blue Skies, Smiling at Me

When you begin your day by walking into work and hearing your boss say Im not in a good mood, but we need to talk, its pretty much a sign that this is not going to be a Hey, youre so awesome that you get a raise speech.*

When you end your day with an employee who needs to talk because she feels shes doing too much work thats beneath her pay grade, wellwell just call it end caps.

Coming home to discover that The Professor isnt exactly speaking to anyone (hes in Deep Thinker, No Talker mode, which he does when a decision must be made) made me feel less guilty for not offering to share the bottle of red that I dove into began appreciating shortly thereafter.

Tomorrow, Im off work. Its the Professors birthday. Were supposed to have an abundance of sunshine and I have a cookout for 10 in my backyard at 4:30. There will be grilled chicken, and damn it, THERE WILL BE FUN. And I will have some of both.

*I am awesome, but I didnt get a raise. And I wasnt the one who goofed. This time.

No comments: